Friday nights get more interesting beginning March 28 with the opening of the tenth season of the deYoung Museum’s ‘Friday Nights’ series. Art, music, food and special events beginning about 5 (see the website for specific times each week) and ending about 8:45.
Here’s the line up for the first Friday (3/28)
- Create a mixed-media landscape inspired by Georgia O’Keefe’s summertime work from her visits to Lake George in upstate New York
- Get to know Georgia O’Keefe a little better at a talk by Dr. Cody Hartley (the Director of Curatorial Affairs at the Georgia O’Keefe Museum)
- Learn to swing dance and listen to the sounds of big band
- Hear from four cut paper artists about their inspiration and process
- Have a photo taken with the good people from Smilebooth
You’ll find me in the lobby making art. Come over and introduce yourself (but no judging my work…)! Or let me know ahead of time and we can go together.
Keep in touch,