I don’t diet. But I read that we each gain about a pound and a half a year (mostly due to holiday scarfing). At that rate I’ll be a giant boulder by the time I hit the end. So I’m going to initiate the May experiment. Here are my rules:
- don’t get on the scale
- eat well and enough and definitely not too much. skip the stuff that isn’t necessary
- exercise every day. if not yoga or the gym, then take a walk
- go outside every day. walking to the car doesn’t count.
- drink lots of water
- get enough sleep. at least most of the time.
- on May 31st, if so motivated, get on the scale and see if the scale thinks anything is different. more importantly, see if the people around me think anything is different.
This isn’t about dieting. It’s about taking care of myself the way I know I should be every day. I just want to see if it’s possible for me to be this conscious for a month. Who knows….at the end of May I might decide I like this way better. We’ll see. Let me know if you want to try it with me.